Thu 6 Dec 2018 07:56 by ukcitymedia.co.uk about : trading updates - 0 Comments - 1929 words
Versarien plc (AIM: VRS) ("Versarien", the "Company" or the "Group"), the advanced engineering materials group, is pleased to announce its interim results for the six months ended 30 September 2018.
· Group revenues increased by 19% to £5.22 million (H1 2017: £4.38 million)
· LBITDA* reduced by 16% to £0.36 million (H1 2017: £0.43 million)
· Loss before tax remained stable at £0.78 million (H1 2017: £0.77 million) after increased investment in the graphene businesses
· Cash of £6.07 million at 30 September 2018 (30 September 2017: £0.35 million) following successful fund raising of £5.15 million gross in September 2018
· Net assets increased to £12.32 million (30 September 2017: £5.72 million)
*LBITDA (Loss Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation) excludes exceptional items and share-based payment charges
· Nine collaboration agreements signed in the period with many other parties at varying stages of testing
· Graphene quality assurance team strengthened with two key appointments both of whom are at the forefront of developing the international standards that will define graphene and other nanomaterials
· Overseas expansion team strengthened by the appointment of two secondees from the Department of International Trade
· Continued investment in graphene manufacturing capability
· Mature businesses showing continued improvement in financial performance
Post Period Highlights
· In October 2018, Versarien completed its acquisition of 62% of the Spanish company Gnanomat S.L. for £2,647,000, settled by £673,000 in cash, and the issue of 1,316,275 new ordinary shares at an agreed price of 150p per New Ordinary Share. Gnanomat S.L. specialises in incorporating graphene into supercapacitors
· After gaining Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification, Versarien has received its first order for 1kg of its graphene nano platelets for use in fire retardant aircraft interior parts for a major global airline, with further orders anticipated
· Memorandum of Understanding signed with Tungshu Optoelectronic Technology Ltd, one of the world's leading suppliers of optoelectronic display materials
· Memorandum of Understanding signed with Jinan High-tech Financial Investment Co., Ltd to establish a manufacturing centre in the Jinan Innovation Zone, Shandong Province, China
· Jinan High Tech Investment Fund panel of experts determine the graphene technology of Versarien to have certain world leading properties
· New graphene enhanced polymer compound product launched, branded Polygrene
· Memorandum of Understanding signed with CTCE, a subsidiary of China Railway Group Limited
· AECOM place first order for compounded material as part of infrastructure project
Neill Ricketts, CEO of Versarien, commented:
"The last few months have seen significant progress across the Group, in both our emerging technologies and more mature businesses. Expansion of the graphene business into China has attracted a large number of suitors and we are repeating the process in other Asian territories. Our collaboration agreements are progressing well, in particular with AECOM where we have recently announced the first supply of graphene enhanced compound.
"In line with our strategy of acquiring IP led businesses we completed the purchase of a controlling stake in Gnanomat SL and I am pleased that it has now obtained confirmation of patent approval for its production process.
"Our hard wear and metallic products business has shown an increase both in sales and profitability and our plastics business has increased its sales and its operating profits.
"With the global progress we have made over the last few months, and with funds from our placing in September we are extremely well positioned for the future and look forward to reporting further success over the coming months."
ukcitymedia moderates but does not authenicate postings. Users are reminded that shares and all trading instruments by nature do not always prove to be good investments. Readers are reminded to do your own research. ukcitymedia.co.uk delivers UK stock market news, latest shares news, uk financial news, rns news articles, latest business news, latest uk financial news, stockmarket investment news, business news round-ups. director dealings bulletins, stock market reports, share trading articles, latest finance news, broker recommendations, uk city news, latest financial information. ukcitymedia.co.uk does not offer financial advice.