ukcitymedia.co.uk latest news from uk stockmarket - forum
Home Page
 Register Register

The Forum is CLOSED

For new registrants. Current contributors continue to post.

ukcitymedia.co.uk Forum Index - Share Club -Postings for UK investment related issues

Please could anyone help me - Reply to topic

> Dgeorge000000

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:25 am   Reply with quote      

Hello I have a interested in the stock market and have been reading up in general trying to make sense of it all, I have noticed that it has been reported that over all stock prices fell to a low of -33%.

Many investors and advisers are advising not to buy in this period however to me this seems like a perfect time to buy as prices are so low would it not make sense surely to buy while prices are rock bottom in companys that have a track record of success.

If anyone is kind enough to dedicate there time to perhaps given me a slightly indepth view of why im probably wrong aswell as any advice i would greatly appreciate it my E-mail is davidgeorge1988@hotmail.co.uk or send a reply via this post.

I would much appretiate tips on stockbrokers, getting started, long/short term investments and/or anything you woudnt mind sharing.

Thank you very much.

> alankeys

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:53 am   Reply with quote      

Hi Daniel

There is no saying that there is not yet to be further turmoil in the markets. The banks though cheap may only be finding a bottom - may have further to fall. Certainly worth watching.

Look at BA today, profits slashed. British energy set to drop now that EDF have pulled out of takeover - and this has knock on for the economy. Government need this deal as part of a plan for future of UK energy.

Theres an artical in the forum called credit crunch with "cut investment portfolios to ribbons".

Brokers - try TD Waterhouse. Cheap deal cost and most research facilities available. ISAs have no anual admin fee !
You may also want to use a charting package so you can see how the share prices stand togainst historical performance.

Apart from that you need to read about the markets and take an interest in state of economy. Also need to consider what your investment strategy is going to be ! - whether to buy for the long term or try to trade etc..... anyway some quick notes to try to help...

keys

> Yuppy

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:10 pm   Reply with quote      

Stocks are confusing!! I've always just googled the key information I've needed and come up with the sites to help me! I've had a little look and found these useful sites that might help you. This is really good for general stock market information and this one from the FT always has the most up to date news. Hope they are helpful to you!

ukcitymedia.co.uk Forum Index - Share Club -Postings for UK investment related issues - Please could anyone help me - Reply to topic

FAQ FAQ     Search Search     Register Register     Profile Profile     Log in Log in

All rights reserved    ukcitymedia stock market trading buleetin board    © Site Terms and Conditions apply. Based in London. UK