About HSBC Sharedealing - InvestDirect
Click here to visit the Merrill Lynch HSBC site
Launched in the UK in May 2001, Merrill Lynch HSBC provided a high-quality direct investing and banking service to private investors although Merrill Lynch pulled out of its wealth management joint venture with HSBC in 2002 and therefore quashed any speculation of America's largest stockbroker and Europe's largest bank heading for a mega-merger.
The Merrill Lynch name, Merrill Lynch HSBC - MLHSBC stayed part of the venture's brand for two years and continued to provide its investment research. At the present there is InvestDirect.
InvestDirect and InvestDirect Plus are HSBC Banks online share dealing service and allows buying and selling of shares through market leading research tools. In order to qualify you need an existing HSBC Bank Account and to be registered for Internet Banking through the HSBC Online Bank Account.
With InvestDirect / InvestDirect Plus you may deal in UK, US and some further international equities, Gilts, most UK ETF's and funds - unit trusts plus a selection of HSBC Fund of Funds and you may Use the interactive tools within InvestDirect and InvestDirect Plus to help make more informed decision - and you may borrow against your existing portfolio (InvestDirect Plus).
HSBC Bank InvestDirect also offer HSBC online ISA, HSBC shares ISA with Selected Investment Funds opportunities as well as HSBC World Selection and "Capital Protected ISA" product. Check HSBC website for further details.
Key Features :
- A total wealth snapshot anytime
- Cash Accounts online in Sterling, Euro & US Dollar currencies
- Share Dealing in US and UK equities in one investment account
- Higher Interest Savings Account in Sterling
- HSBC Sharedealing ISA and PEP shares trading in UK & US equities
- Protected Investment Products (PIPs)
- Trading Reserve overdraft facility
- Research from Merrill Lynch and HSBC, 24 hours a day
InvestDirect formed out of Merrill Lynch HSBC was originally the joint venture between Merrill Lynch, the pre-eminent American investment bank, and HSBC, the global financial services group. They used the skill and resources of both companies to create a product that won the Most Consumer-Friendly Online Broker award at the Investor's Week Online Finance Awards in 2001.
In July 2002, Merrill Lynch HSBC became 100% owned by HSBC, and became a full member of the HSBC Group.
The HSBC bank account and InvestDirect Investment and Banking Portfolio (IBP) allows you the freedom to:
- Hold UK and US equities within one integrated investment account.
- Keep a close watch on your portfolio by jumping straight from your "Share Holdings" screen to "News, Research and Quotes" screen.
- Transfer your existing shares to Merrill Lynch HSBC.
In addition, you can buy and sell shares online whenever the markets are open or stack orders out of hours with the following exchanges:
- London Stock Exchange including Alternative Investment Market (AIM).
- New York Stock Exchange. AMEX incl Nasdaq.
- Most European Exchanges.